Thankyou, much appreciated..

rgds

Frank
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of nds
Sent: Saturday, 19 January 2002 8:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Text-based utility to replace MandrakeUpdate? and
rpmdrake prob...

Franki wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can anyone tell me what mandrake rpm these files are from:
> librpm.so.0
> libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
>
> I can't use rpmdrake to find them, because it doesn't
>
> and rpmfind didn't list any mandrake packages..
>
> I want to install the MandrakeUpdateRobot
>
> and it complains about those dependencies.
>
> While I am at it, I have another problem as well, rpmdrake tells me "Bad,
> unreadable or not found packages" for anything I try to install, anyone
have
> any ideas why that might be?
>

> rgds
>
> Frank

I did this to find out for you:

whereis librpm.so.0

result:

/usr/lib/librpm.so

I next do:

rpm -qf /usr/lib/librpm.so

On my Cooker system I get:

rpm-devel-4.0.3-0.34mdk

Next file I do:

whereis libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3

I get:

libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3:

So I next try:

locate libstdc++

I get a list of files and one that closely matches yous:

/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

So I finally do:

rpm -qf /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

And get on my Cooker machine:

libstdc++-2.10-2.96-0.69mdk

I listed your answer this way to let you know that there are more than
one way to troubleshoot and find your answer. Some files can not be
found by rpm without listing their complete path name as well. HTH

cheers,
altoine