Hello,
I have a Mdk8.1 workstation. I went to install McAfee VirusScan for Linux.
No problems in install, but get the following error message:

[bch@cmrlmail bch]$ uvscan
uvscan: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.2.8: cannot open

I've searched and searched and can't seem to figure this out. Surely others
are using this software combination. I did find some people have a similar
problem with other software regarding libstdc++.so.2.8. There solution was
to make a symblic link from my current version of the libstdc++ to
libstdc++.so.2.8.  I tried this by doing the command:

[root@cmrlmail lib]#ln -s libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so libstdc++.so.2.8

then when I run uvscan again I get:

[root@cmrlmail lib]# /usr/local/uvscan/uvscan
/usr/local/uvscan/uvscan: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/uvscan/uvscan: undefined symbol: __eh_pc

Thanks,
Brian