At 09:53 PM 1/21/2002 -0600, J. Craig Woods wrote:
>At 08:18 PM 1/21/2002 -0700, Lee Roberts wrote:
>>At 08:15 PM 1/21/2002 -0600, Mike White wrote:
>> >
>> >I think Firestarter is the easiest to set up and run. It too closes up
>> >your box real well.
>> >

>>And yet another firewall script that does NOT do a thorough job.......
>
>Hell, could you have been any more enigmatic? How about fleshing this
>critique out? Are you alluding to Firestarter, and what exactly are you
>saying? I do not use it but I love to learn about things unbeknownst  to
>myself....

I've used tiny firewall, bastille firewall, and firestarter. When I go to
sygatetech.com for port scans, none of the UDP ports are blocked and some
UDP ports are open (most of the UDP ports are closed - not blocked). The
TCP port blocks are set up, though, except for TCP port 53 which I have
manually blocked. I guess it's a good thing I don't have anything important
on the Linux box yet.