On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:54, you wrote:
> Arnab_Ganguly wrote:
> > Same here! Just got CDROM + Sound up on 8.1 using an Intel 810 board, 8.2
> > is not on my horizon yet!
>
> It should be. It contains all the fixes for the i810 chipset :)
>
> Tom

What fixes would they be?  The fastest, smoothest Mandrake install I've ever
done was on my wife's Celeron 700 with i810 board with onboard sound,
graphics and network  That was Mdk8.1 tacked onto the second half of an 19Gb
hard drive that already had M$ 98 on it.  Everything was recognised and
configured correctly without any intervention by me.

--
        CYA,
        Muzza.