If you wish to execute a programme or application,
you must invoke it by typing a ./ a dot and a slash
together right up against the file name of the
executable, lets say the file name was xcdroast
well, one would type ./xcdroast        to get it to
run, this is for security purposes because you should
not put . in your path or else someone could bust
into your unix system. If you want, you can add a
certain directory to your path like /bin or /sbin .

If you wish to know what to type to put some
directory in your path just ask and i will
look it up real quick on my system.

hope this helps

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 10:57 pm, so spoke Pierre Fortin :