On Friday 25 January 2002 09:17 am, you wrote:
> My employer is considering getting ISP access for the 50 or so laptop users
> to update patient info each night. Seems it might be cheaper to setup a
> linux box and make the ISP themselves. Can this be done? What would be
> needed? A pointer to a how to would be great. thanks
> rob
>
> HTTP://linuxlaunchpad.net

I am not too sure I'd want to be one of your 'patients'. The internet is well
known for being very insecure and although I am blessed with perfect health I
would still rather not have someone snooping on my medical records.

Does your company intend to disclose this method of information transfer ?
and indeed will most of the patients be savvy enough to make an informed
choice?

What form of encription will the service use and how will it be implimented ?

This seems to open a whole can of worms, pehaps you can allay some of these
considerations.

Rob