On Monday 28 January 2002 10:51 pm, you wrote:
> Deryk,
>    If this drive has been used for a while maybe a low level format will
> bring it back.  I was helping a friend a while back recover some old
> computers for schools in the area.  A lot of the drives had simular
> problems (although not as large a drive)  2 gig drives with 1 gig of
> "usable" space for example.  We would low level format the drives and then
> "poof" they were back to normal most of the time.
>
> James
This option was also recomended by By either Fujitsu or Samsung (I forget
which) when the 1.6Gb drivess came out and wouldn't show correct total size
<even in Winderz>.........

--

Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936