On Tuesday 29 January 2002 12:06 pm, James wrote:
> Praedor,
>    There are a number of services that offer dynamic IP DNS
> (dydns.org is one) with software available at freshmeat.net that
> autoupdates the dns for you.  I don't use one of them because I have
> a dns server I control and so far I haven't had to much changing so
> updating my own dns is viable.  When it has changed though I've had
> gaps of 8-14hrs of no e-mail.  It then all comes through at once. so
> for me dynamic ip's and an e-mail server is working.

Thank you.  I'll take a look at freshmeat.  Just to clarify (setting up
a mailserver is new to me) - are you saying I could setup a REAL
mailserver with my own email address/(virtual) domain name through a
dhcp network?  A server that COULD be used from the outside (as if I
had a static IP)?

praedor