On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:12:48 -0500
"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to
ponder:

> daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:35:30 -0500
> > David Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words
> > to ponder:
> >
> > > OK, did you reflush/restart your firewall?
> > >
> > > I am not an expert, but this is as far as my firewall knowledge goes.
> > >
> > > Dave.
> > >
> > > PS. My 139 is closed.
> >
> > no, as a matter of fact I didn't. As far as I know that isn't necessary
> > when adding a new rule to the firewall. of course I could be wrong in my
> > understanding too. It's happened before. ;)
> >
> > i'll give it a try and see what happens.
> >
> > --
> > daRcmaTTeR
>
> Are u using Bastille? If so, I was told that to effect changes I had to do
> a:
>
> service bastille-firewall stop
>
> followed by:
>
> service bastille-firewall start
>
> That is, short of rebooting... ;-)
>
> Hope this helps...

thanks, but that didn't seem to make any difference. for what ever reason
        iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport -i ppp0 -j DROP
doesn't make any difference. port 139 remains open to the outer interface.

--
daRcmaTTeR
Registered Linux User 182496