Hi,

I just tried to do a "man umask", and received the following error (below).

In my /usr/share/man/man1 directory, I have  bash.1.bz2 and umask.1.bz2.

Can someone enlighten me as to whats going wrong???

Helen

<standard input>:15: can't open `bash.1': No such file or directory
BASH_BUILTINS(1)                                 BASH_BUILTINS(1)

NAME
       bash,  :,  ., alias, bg, bind, break, builtin, case, cd, command, continue,
declare, dirs, disown, echo, enable, eval,
       exec, exit, export, fc, fg, for, getopts, hash, help, history, if, jobs, kill,
let, local, logout, popd,  pushd,  pwd,
       read,  readonly, return, set, shift, shopt, source, suspend, test, times, trap,
type, typeset, ulimit, umask, unalias,
       unset, until, wait, while - bash built-in commands, see bash(1)

BASH BUILTIN COMMANDS
SEE ALSO
       bash(1), sh(1)

GNU                        1996 Mar 20           BASH_BUILTINS(1)