wim wrote:

> Thanx for your help, but is there another way to solve the problem
> My server is a live monitoring & http server and a reboot is
>   a risk (customers complaining... no monitoring of our routers, billing
> data lost...) I perfer not to reboot when not needed.
>
> I re-created the dir /home/mrtg/scripts/billing
> , now he gives the error:
>
> unexporting 192.168.230.5:/home/mrtg/scripts/billing from kernel
> 192.168.230.5:/home/mrtg/scripts/billing: Invalid argument
> unexporting 192.168.230.4:/home/mrtg/scripts/billing from kernel
> 192.168.230.4:/home/mrtg/scripts/billing: Invalid argument
>
> I also restarted the whole NFS process, but with no result...

I hear you on the reboot thing. Re-creating this directory will not
help, as you found out. Restarting NFS will not do it either: it is a
KERNEL thing now. Hey, I would not worry about it. You have your mounts
working, yes? When you have some downtime on your system, just do a fast
reboot then.

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration