On Friday 01 February 2002 11:16 pm, you wrote:
> Perhaps this is a used question, but have you by any chance done a search
> on the Mandrake 8.1 CD's for the Glide_V2, Glide_V3, and Glide_V5 rpms?
>
> I notice that their description markets them as giving you the ability to
> use your Voodoo card under Linux.  This seems to fit your description of
> what you want.
>
> And by the way....I've got a question for you that's about to burn me up.
> Has anyone ever gotten you confused with another fellow by your name that
> used to work with Dennis Ritchie at Bell Labs back in the early 70's?
>
> Just curious.  :)
>
> >On Friday 01 February 2002 21:57, Ken Thompson wrote:
> >

> > Anybody been able to make the old VooDoo 2 work in 8.1????
> > Ive tried all the tricks that have been talked aboout since 7.1 and have
> > never gotten it to work as other than a paper weight....
> > Main card is intel i740 8Mb AGP....
>
> L.  Xaphir

No, or at least no one has said anything to me about inventing anything <G>.
There are times when I wish I was the other fellow, though...
I did install all the glide prms during install and have looked at 3DFX (?)
web site.  Still no go. I think I must be missint something simple but for
the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.
--

Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936