Hi

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:30:21 +0000
bascule <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i'm using postfix in kmail to send mail, as you can see from the quoted
> headers whenever postfix has a problem sending mail it mails me a
message, > which is fine except it is mailing the person who the message
is from and > that is of course my email address so the warning message
goes out in to the > world and back again, this is waste of bandwith and
resources and  feel i > should fix this

Do this:-

Create a text file /etc/recipient_canonical

Put a one line entry in like this

your_address@kmail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

e.g. I have [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

this way if anything is written to my external email address it ges mapped
to my internal one.

then put this line in /etc/postfix/main.cf

recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_canonical

then do this

/usr/sbin/postmaps /etc/postfix/recipient_canonical

then do this

/usr/sbin/postfix/reload

and thats it!

Good luck :)