Hi i have a problem i can’t install linux mandrake 8.1 that i bought from
your site (3 CD)..
Before installing the madrake 8.1 I made a low-level format in both of  the
HDs and I couldn’t  install it so I installed mandrake 7.0 and I haven’t any
problem.. after that I try to upgrade.. but I couldn’t
Hardware of my PC.. is:
QUANTUM FIREBALLlct15 20
QUANTUM FIREBALL CX10.2A
CREATIVE CD5221E
PHILIPS CDRW1610A
Video card: Creative GeForce 2MX SDR
Sound card: Sound Blaster  PCI 128
Modem: Hamlet PCI ISDN 128kbps
RAM 256

this is what appears  when I try to install it…(I pressed ALT F3)

* welcome to the Mandrake Linux install (mdk-stage1, version 8.1 built Sep
2001 13:43:00)
* opening /proc/cmdline…
                ramdisk_size=32000 initrd=cdrom.rdz automatic=method:cdrom
root=/dev/ram3
vga=788 BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz auto
* AUTOMATIC MODE: got 1 params
                got 7 args
*spawning a shell
*cannot open shell - /tmp/sh doesn’t exist
*AUTOMATIC: parameter cdrom for method means returning CDROM drive
*have to insmod ide-cd
needs cdrom
*needs ide-cd
                succeeded ide-cd
*have to insmod sr_mod
*needs scsi_mod
*needs sr_mod
                succeeded sr_mod
*looking for ide media
*IDE/1: hda is a QUANTUM FIREBALLlct15 20
*IDE/1: hdb is a QUANTUM FIREBALL CX10.2A
*IDE/0: hdc is a CREATIVE CD5221E
*IDE/0: hdd is a PHILIPS CDRW1610A
*looking for scsi media
*looking for Compaq Smart Array media
*mounting /dev/hdc on /tmp/image as type iso 9660
*have to insmod isofs
*needs isofs
                succeeded isofs
*found a Mandrake Linux CDROM, good news!
*Total Memory:  256 Mbytes
*trying to load /tmp/image/Mandrake/base/mdkinst_stage2.bz2 as a ramdisk

thank you