On Monday 04 February 2002 06:42 pm, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:55:27 -0700, Praedor Tempus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I downloaded and installed the crossover plugin.  The only problem I am
> > having is no sound.  The only plugin I installed was the Quicktime
> > plugin. It starts OK but there is no sound whatsoever.
> >
> > Please don't tell me it wont play properly with the retarded arts?
>
> It's supposed to work with arts. It works fine for me with GNOME and EsounD
> -- I haven't tried arts. Try it in different browsers. It works best in
> Netscape and Mozilla (or Galeon). Konqueror support is flaky at present.

Gah!  This whole ordeal is THIS close to putting me off KDE forever.
First, artsd dies on startup every single time I login to KDE.  I have to
restart it manually, at which point it works for a little while but then I
get a g0dd@mn CPU overload message and it dies again.  Second, if I start
quicktime, it works for a second but then hard freezes.

This is sick and wrong.  Arts has been and apparently remains broken.  It
doesn't play well with others, has trouble doing what it is supposed to do
and releasing the sound device to other (non KDE) apps.

Is it possible to get esound to work instead of artsd in KDE?

praedor