On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 19:08, Bob Puff@NLE wrote:

> It would be really nice to have some searchable database that you could scan to find
>what RPM has a given file...
>
> Bob
>
> ----

If the RPM is already on your system, a simple "rpm -q --whatprovides
<path_to_given_file>"  works.

If the RPM is not installed, I usually just go to www.rpmfind.net and
type in the program I'm looking for.  rpmfind.net does a pretty good job
of finding the RPM I need, even for libs.

--
Mitch Thompson, San Antonio TX
Key fingerprint = BBDA 3A2A 4483 BD0D 7CED  B8A9 D183 C8F6 B0AF 66AE