On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:54:00 -0500
Klar Brian D Contr MSG/SICN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> thoughtfully
uttered these words to ponder:

> In 8.1, I just added to the append line devfs=nomount
> reran lilo, did a complete shutdown, not restart.
> When the system started up, I had all my /dev/ links.
> My SCSI scanner works now as does CDRW, and TV card
>

> Brian D. Klar - CVE
> OTS
> WPAFB

Hi Brian,

I too have done the same thing as well as a few extra steps that
involved entering the necessary module names in /etc/modules, and
creating a symbolic link from /dev/usb/ttyUSB1 -> /dev/visor.
unfortunately while the information that Mike gave me was absolutle
stellar I wasn't able to get my visor to work. I'm still not sure why.

--
daRcmaTTeR

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
 10:05am  up 1 day, 19:48,  2 users,  load average: 1.93, 1.79, 1.91