On Thursday 14 February 2002 01:12 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Has anyone here installed the Pre-emptible kernel patch?
>
> I've been testing it with a Mandrake 8.0 machine with kernel 2.4.17. It
> seems to improve sound and video playback and minimize skipping. Video
[...]

Is it only available as a patch or has a 2.4.17 kernel come out with it
incorporated?  I always seem to run into problems when I've tried to patch in
the past so I'd like to avoid it.

--
This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it.
    --John Adams, 2nd President, Founding Father, 1817