On Saturday 16 February 2002 01:47 am, Nguyen Hung Vu wrote:
> Praedor Tempus wrote:
> >Is anyone playing with the latest/current cooker kde 3.0 beta2 rpms?  If

[...]
> I tested Kde3beta2 on Lm8.1
> After install kde from rpms, kdm dissapeared and  have only gdm left .
> All the applications k* crash in the first time ti lanchecd ;) but the
> next it was ok ;)
> Well, I think it is still very unstable .

Ouch...I've downloaded the whole monstrous thing, now I will pause and
consider before I take the leap.  At least I have a functioning gnome,
enlightenment, blackbox, etc, so I am not fully hosed if KDE borks my system.

How long ago did you try beta2?  There are "new" beta2 rpms at rpmfind.  Are
they the rpms you tried?  Finally, about QT - can QT 3.0 coexist with QT 2.0
or did you have to replace the old QT with the new, install your KDE 3 beta
rpms, then remove the KDE 3 rpms and uninstall QT 3.0 and go back to QT 2.0,
etc?

praedor

--
This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it.
    --John Adams, 2nd President, Founding Father, 1817