Copy the cd to disk as a iso - use dd or a cd record program

put the following in fstab (all on one line of course, changing the iso
name and mount point as required!):
/home/rpm/cd/Mandrake81-cd1-inst.i586.iso /home/rpm/cd/cd1 auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,exec,codepage=850,auto,loop 0 0

This will automount the cd on boot or a simple mount command.  You will
need the loop device which should be standard.  You are actually
mounting the cd filesystem stored in the cd file.  An added bonus is you
can reburn to cd if neccessary

The only advantage to the windoze programs is they often compress the
iso to save space - I have not found a method of duplicating this useful
feature yet!

BillK