Well, well.  Doing this and selecting System++ nicely
wrecked my setup.  It not only crashes KDE before it
can start, it also apparently wipes out all my
settings NOT related to style.  I get to start over,
with the color scheme, background, rebuilding my
addressbook, etc, etc.

Styles simply should NOT in any way affect system
stability.  I mean, c'mon!  They're just slight
alterations to the shape and color of widgets!  It's
eyecandy, nothing more, but it is capable of bringing
down the entire environment?

Be warned.

--- Balaji Ramani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To get the other styles displayed in kcontrol, add
> the following line to
> ~/.qt/qtrc
>
> [General]
> libraryPath=/opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/