From: Jorge Giménez Mayorgas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 4:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Boot Loader Solved but more problems, now kernel panic

Hi again .
I get lilo working I have installed on the 6,4 gb disk that is on hda . I
made two partitions one / with 5889 mb ext2 and the rest for swap.
Well instalation went ok. No problem at all.
On reboot lilo was working ok , I choose linux , everything started until
Kernel panic Can't mount VFS Root 03:01 and stops.

Why?
This my hardware configuration if it helps for something
Asus A7V266-E (1004B Bios) with Promise ATA 100
Athlon 1800+ XP
hda-> IBM DHEA-36480- 6,4GB  UDMA 33
hdb -> Sony 48x Cdrom
hdc -> Seagate 320423 UDMA 66
hdd -> HP 8100 CD-RW 1.0g
hde -> Seagate ST360020 A 60 UDMA 100
Creative 3d Blaster Geforce 2 Ti 64 MB DDR AGP 4x
Sound Blaster Live Value
Hauppage Win TV
3com Serial Modem 56k (v92)
Logitech MouseMan Optical
Sony 200Sf 17"
Iomega zip 100 parallel port

Thanks,
                Jorge Giménez

>Hi again.
>
>My problem is that I can't boot linux after installing >lm8.0.
>I get  L0 instead of graphical lilo. W2k rules the MBR .
>
>I am going to read the url  <http://www.johnlenin1.com/dual_boot.html>
>http://www.johnlenin1.com/dual_boot.html

>and try.

>Another thing, how can  I make a boot disk from Lm >8.0 installation ?

>Thanks,
>            Jorge Giménez

[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

----