Everything was working great until one day!

 If I am using any graphical interface, lets say KDE,
and then I switch to any of the consoles using the
shortcut ctr-alt-F2 lets say, when I try to go back to
kde using ctr-alt-F7 "or sometimes F9" it will show a
black screen with a whole bunch of messages that are
not precisely related with x. I think they are some
kind of logging. This makes me have to kill X and in
case of kde to restart my pc when I want to go back to
a graphical interface. I would like to fix this
without using the installation cd because I recently
installed the NVidia drivers and I dont want to go
throught the process again. I would appreciate any
help from you...

Truly yours, Roberto...