On Tuesday 19 February 2002 08:54 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 02:53, James wrote:
> > All,
> >   For people who wonder why you don't maintain a large site with vi.  I
> > submit the following time warp page from the mandrake site.  According to
> > this PowerPack 7.2 is the latest release. *grin* (I'm not complaining
> > just enjoying please no one take offense on this.)
> >
> > http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fpowerpack.php3
> >
> > ----
>
> I'm sorry...maybe it's still too early in the day, but I don't get the
> joke. what's wrong with the page and why wouldn't anyone maintain a
> large site with VI? really, I'm serious...what's the joke here?

That it could be better maintained with emacs? 8)

Seriously, I assumed he meant that a large and complex site was better
managed with a more sophisticated management tool while at the same time
tatking a dig at vi devotees who believe that the enitre universe could be
easily and efficiently managed by a Diety using vi.

--
Hoyt

http://www.maximumhoyt.com