This is an updated Mandrake 8.1 system.  I was perusing the cooker rpm
list to see if it had any newer kde 3.0 beta release rpms.  When I
decided to check a few "new" rpms against what I already had, I got
this:

[praedor@d152-159 praedor]$ rpm -qa |grep kdeartwork
error: db3 error(-30988) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND:
Requested page not found
error: db3 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run database recovery
error: db3 error(-30987) from db->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
run database recovery

So, I then tried "rpm --rebuilddb" which eliminated the above
complaining but also produced nothing.  According to the "new and
improved/corrected" database, I have no rpms installed.

praedor