Ashley,
   Two suggestions.  One when the intial screen comes up press f1 for more
options and chose the text installer.  This requires a lot less ram.  If
it's a really low memory device (less than around 32 megs) you might want
to check out the RULE project at
http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/index.html they are working on an
installer to install up2date linux down to 8megs in size.

James