I have recently upgraded from 7.2 to 8.1 (better later than never).
This has caused me problem with the handling of my CDROM drive and
CD-writer on my computer; I have both, the CDROM is /dev/hdc and the
CD-writer /dev/hdd.  I prefer to have both drives being emulated SCSI
using ide-scsi.  I therefore have

        hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi

among my load options to the kernel.

This creates the SCSI devices just fine.  However, the symbolic link
/dev/cdrom gets wrong; it points to the non-existing
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 rather than /dev/cdroms/cdrom1 or
/dev/cdroms/cdrom3.

It appears that this link is maintained by devfsd.  However, do I
tell it to link it to the correct file?

/Peter
--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``When you have had all the experiences, met all the famous people,