On Monday 25 February 2002 20:11, you wrote:

>I have noticed two fine lines going across the screen which I can't seem to get
>rid of. I have heard that these are normal for Trinitron (aperture grille)
>monitors. Is this true? The lines are barely noticable, so I can live with them
>if they are not a sign of impending failure.

Assuming you don't have to have the Contrast and Brightness turned all the way
up in order to get a good image, the monitor probably has many years of service
left in it.  I ran a 21" Trinitron for a very long time on an HP-UX machine,
and I'd still be dragging it around today if it weren't for the sync-on-green
(mis)feature.  And, yes, those fine horizontal artifacts are normal for those
monitors.  The old HP monitor I had had 4 or 5 of them, if I recall correctly,
so you're 2 lines is pretty nice!  (Even my little 17" trinitron has 2 lines)

--
Chuck