At 12:56 PM 2/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Completly off-topic, but why are you not using the function of S.A.N.E. to
>network that scanner so that users can access it via the network and save
>to their local machine?

Er... because we never thought of it?

Actually, I wasn't the one that set up the scanning machine. Someone
grabbed an existing NT4 machine and put it in place. But at the moment, I
haven't gotten my boss to allow anything more than servers (that reside in
the server room out of end user reach) to run Linux. I keep trying to sneak
one in, but always end up needing the hardware elsewhere. :\

So, now that we've gone off-topic, anyone have any ideas about the weird
file creation permissions?

TIA,

Wayne