On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:51:24 +0000
Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a machine with two soundcards
> I seem to get sound mainly though the motherboard soundcard
> and occasionally through the sound blaster.
> How do I force all sound to go through the sound blaster
>
> I tried changing the symlink /dev/dsp from
> /dev/sound/dsp to /dev/sound/dsp1
> and that got most sound through the sound blaster
> but some still through the mother board.
>
> Thanks for any ideas
>
> Rob

Rob same situation here, and the solution is in BIOS not in Linux.  You
need to noodle around through all the screens in BIOS and turn off the
onboard sound.  Some BIOS's have two places to do this some have only one.
 Mine had two.  Some of the first boards with onboard sound had actual
jumpers to turn on/off the onboard sound.  Check the manual that comes
with your Mobo if you can.

James