On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:22:21 +0000
"David .." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm having a hell of a time getting beta 3 working or even installed. I
load
> up Cd1 find, no errors. Pop Cd2 in and I keep getting errors on
different
> packages. I'm must of burnt 3-4 CD already  downloaded
> the ISO atleast 4-6 times(beta 2 and beta 3, all the same problem.)
> I've checked the checksum on the ISO's I downloaded and they are fine.
> Burning the CD's reported no errors and I set the software(nero) to test
the
> burn, all is well.
>
> I've had this problem before, and one way I guess I've been able to get
> around it with version 8.1 was burn then on 650megs CD's. I'm currently
> trying to burn using 700megs, since I have a load of them sitting here
> and basicly no 650's. Could it be a problem with the burner? Or the
ISO's
> HAVE to be burnt onto a 650 and not 700's?

I've had problems like this whith an older HP cdrburner (well 1 year old)
we had at work.  Seems it was built prior to 700meg cd's and as such just
wouldn't burn right on them.  I've also had troubles with some older cd
readers that won't read anything 700meg (even commercial)  You could try
cd'ing to the rpm directory on disk 2 and do an rpm -K ... this will do
md5 on each individual rpm.  If there are any errors there, report them to
Mandrake.  Sorry I couldn't help more.

James