If you can't send something, that is an entirely different problem.  That's
a problem relating to postfix, not qpopper.

Check the access file for postfix (under /etc/mail) and make sure you have
it set up to where you can send from outside your network.

Of course, any messages that you might have from postfix under /var/log
would also be helpful to give you more specific advice.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Independent Systems / Administration Consultant