Hello all!
        I've got a directory of mp3's which I stream from my server on an
internal lan.  I've recorded a great deal of them from my own cd's but
some have come from kazaa, etc...  I would like to be able to convert the
entire directory from upper to lower case, and I have found a few
different ways of doing this.  The ways I've found all seem to include the
tr command however and it seems to choke on spaces (which I have in my
filenames in my mp3 directory).  Could someone tell me how to get around
this?  Here's my little script I found:

#!/usr/bin/perl
while (<@ARGV>)
{
        $x = $_;
        tr/A-Z/a-z;
        system("mv","$x","$_";
}

I'm new to the coding thing, so please take it easy on me ;-)

Mike

--
Michael & Tracy Holt
Kirkland, WA                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]