On 12 Jan 2002, Nelson Bartley wrote:
> I'm currently finding that my nfs server is taking upwards of 4 minutes
> to load the nfs server, and then the server is not allowing more then 1
> connection through.
>
> So my question here is, what are your load times for your nfs server? do
> you have any idea why an nfs server would take 4 minutes to load?

It's on the order of seconds, at most ten to fifteen. Do you get any
errors during the load? Check the versions of the clients and the export
options. Check DNS. Keep in mind that NFS seems to be one of those "all
or nothing" services. I.e., it either works properly or not at all. I'm
inclined to believe that it's a physical connection problem.