On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 10:42, Belkie, Dan wrote:
> Hi Guys!
> Can you guys recommend some good firewalls?
> I'm looking for something with pretty good logs, and maybe even something
> that will report how much traffic has gone through the box. Also if that's
> not enough something that can do NAT. I will have a email server and web
> server behind this bad boy.
>
> Thoughts?

Thoughts?  well they only come occasionally these days.

the short answer....www.openbsd.org

the long answer is, a firewall is as secure as its operator.  Linksys
makes a decent box, but you must keep track of updates.  Linux router
project was great, but now apparently in limbo or something.  Mandrake
SNF gets good reviews from this crowd.

whatever you use, everyone will tell you to do your best to break in
before someone else does it for you.

--
Jason Guidry
http://www.hilconet.com/~njguidry