I've been playing with the gimp more and more lately and I've gotten to
the point where I'd like to add more fonts.

I really don't know how to do it, but ones that I've used previously
have been tracked down to /usr/share/fonts/ttf/decoratives  I've acquired
some new .ttf files and stuck them in that directory, but when the gimp
fires up, it doesn't see them.  The perms and ownership are the same as
the others, so I don't know what the next step might be.

I really haven't done a lot of desktop stuff, so if anyone can point me
in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Charlie
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 4F36 EC4F 2F2C 5F59 9690  09E5 4C0F 9DB0 8623 53CE
        THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #16: C-

This language was named for the grade received by its creator when he
submitted it as a class project in a graduate programming class.  C- is best
described as a "low-level" programming language.  In fact, the language
generally requires more C- statements than machine-code statements to
execute a given task.  In this respect, it is very similar to COBOL.