Hello,

With LM8.1 I am trying to shore up my machine using Bastille - I don't
need anything complex. Setup went fine, but now I'm tring to understand
what it has done. iptables -L says:

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             127.0.0.0/8
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
DROP       all  --  BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/4  anywhere
PUB_IN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
PUB_IN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
PUB_IN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

...snip the rest which seems fine. Rule 3 & 4 in the input chain confuse
me. Rule 3 looks like it will accept anything what so ever, so none of
the following rules will be used. Have I misunderstood? Rule 4 looks
okay, I'm just not sure what its there for.

Also since Bastille is run at boot, do connections brought up later get
protected or do I need to re-run something?

Thanks for any help,
Nick.