This question came to my mind over the last 3 days.

I've looked into my daily behaviour and found out that with $ 0.016 per
day or the same amount in other currencies (EUR 0,018 for us Europeans) I
can:

Once a month

1. Go to the movies (alone, without popcorn & drinks)
2. Have a Döner w/ one Ayran (turkish dish and drink)
3. Buy a stein of beer at the Oktoberfest (5 years ago)
4. Go 20 miles by train
5. Have a small breakfast in a diner
6. Buy 8 bottles of milk
7. Buy 2 loafs of bread
8. Buy 1.5 packs of cigarrettes
9. Buy one cigar (medium quality)

If I save my $5 for one year I can

1. Pay half the insurance of my car
2. Buy a nice sweater/shirt/Levis
3. Buy a SuSE Distro (arrghhh!)
4. Buy 3 books
5. Go to a rock concert

Or I can support MandrakeSoft.

This paper from MandrakeSoft about the Club doesn't ask for a donation
from ppl who have to go on $60 a week! It doesn't ask for money from a
guy who can get around just so. It asks this small fee from ppl who earn
a decent living an have their $5-bills just to tip the bell boy.

I don't see a serious hole in my budget if I have $60 less this year.
I just skip 1.5 packs of cigarrettes per month (!) and that's it.

Save 3 cents every second day and that's what MandrakeSoft asks for.

Think about it!

wobo
--
Registered Linux User 228909      Powered By Mandrake Linux 8.1