On 13 Mar 2002, Bill Kenworthy wrote:

> My question exactly - how can one tell which apps in a src rpm are
> staticly linked against zlib once installed.  Ones such as zebedee (not
> a Mandrake rpm) I know about as I set it up before install, but I think
> someone mentioned mozilla (which I have not checked yet) - any other
> sleepers?

Hmmm...I thought about running ldd against all binaries in an rpm
package list (or against a find for that matter), but statically linked
bins will not necessarily show up in the listing if symbols have been
stripped. Even if your ran strings against the binary and grep'ed for
a signature there's no guarantee that you'll find anything. If you had a
Makefile you can try looking for -lz, but this could be problematic for
Makefiles generated through ./configure. Of course, if you had the
sources you'd just rebuild though :(.