On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:48:27 -0500
David Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

David,

  You shouldn't need to rebuild the kernel if the dev is now created.  I've got an
ide-scsi cdrw in my box and in order to get the writes to work correctly I had to
change append devfs=mount to append devfs=nomount.  Once I did it started to burn
correctly and in fact I haven't had a bad burn (that wasn't by my own foobar) since.
Maybe this will work with the colorado as well.  This by the way is one of the biggest
differences between the 8.0 and 8.1 for causing headaches. (IMHO)

James