On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:59:36 -0600
Lorne Shantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

|Weird. It must be somehow related to the hardware.??? I'm using an
|older Intel mb and cpu with 128mb ram. Nothing fancy and I am
|running 8.2rc1 with no issue like you are seeing. I dunno man. Good
|luck...

Especially weird since it has worked fine in all earlier versions of
Mandrake 8.x. Actually, in Beta 3 I did get an error message telling
me to re-install harddrake when I tried to run it. Not that it
worked, but at least it let me know it was alive. Now I do not even
get that.

I am running an Acer 340T laptop which has been very "Linux
friendly" (even the built in win-modem works). |

--
Christian Dysthe
http://www.dysthe.net

        "Everybody ought to have a Lower East Side
         in their life"

                                  -Irving Berlin-