Rob wrote:

>I tried using the printer config menu from the control system menu.  It
>detects my printer and everything, and then just hangs, never completing
>its operation by actually setting up the printer.  I have a Lexmark
>Optra that I want to set up as a vanilla Postscript printer.
>
>So (Forgive me on this as Im more of a FreeBSD expert) I went and
>installed apsfilter.  It put a spool file in /var/spool/lpd for lp, and
>then modified princap.  But when I try to print using lpr I get an error
>message telling me there is no printer at name@localhost.
>
>Is there a config file somewhere that Im missing?  I started up lpd.
>
>Thanks,  Rob.

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Sorry, fellow, there are three printing systems offered, LPRng, CUPS,
and PDQ.  lpd is OUT.  Putting it in is likely to break things.

It sounds more like there was a corrupted file during install than
anything else.  We have tested printing thoroughly with 8.2.  Did you try

# printerdrake

as root?

That should have resolved your problems.  We also have drivers for most
winprinters, but no proprietary drivers.  Those come only with the
commercial CDs.

Civileme