hi alan

whats the output of your lspci? or the /proc/pci? my
dmesg shows me this for my ide drive:

ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes;
override with idebus=xx
PIIX4: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 39
PIIX4: chipset revision 1
PIIX4: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1420-0x1427, BIOS settings:
hda:DMA, hdb:pio
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0x1428-0x142f, BIOS settings:
hdc:DMA, hdd:pio

im able to set/unset dma and pio.

--- Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>