On 23 Mar 2002 06:22:09 -0500
Lyvim Xaphir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 05:41, Simone Riccio wrote:
> > Well, i put 8.2 on 5 PCs (ominbook xe2, omnibook xe3, 2 PIV 1.6, Athlon
> > 1.2).... them all in a network environment and wih all different NICs. I
> > had no trouble at all in networking (SMB, Netware, NFS), and i found the
> > system a little more responsive than 8.1. (OT - what keeps positvely
> > surprising me is how AMD keeps outperforming intel.... :)))))))) ) So
> > this all seems strange to me! TCP-IP works perfect! I also tried ppptp
> > and that's fine too! This Mandrake is a great improvement!
> >
> > BTW, i had bought a 8.1 powerpack subscription for myself, a prosuite
> > for my company, and now a prosuite subscription preorder.... and i
> > myself subscribed to mandrake club and i'm pushing my company towards
> > it. I think this is important! Everybody should, in his possibilities,
> > help this distro! We are not talking just of a piece of software.... MDK
> > is bringing desktop to linux users... and still gives a reliable server
> > (all my servers are mdk! i had a rh but didn't like it at all....). I
> > can't and don't wanna tell what's to be done... but this is how I do
> > support Mandrake and Linux.
> >
> > All the best
> > Simon
>
> Well, since you brought it up, I just got off of the #mandrake channel
> on irc.openprojects.net where I was specifically asking about LM82
> satisfaction.  There were three users who had gotten it downloaded and
> installed with no problems and they were there on the channel to brag
> about how good things were going.  I also specifically asked about any
> dissatisfaction with LM82.  I did'nt get any response to that question.
>
> Then I come over here to the mandrake expert list whose purpose is to
> post questions for help and where everything is recorded for posterity
> in the archives, and I end up passing out kleenex instead of help tips.
> Either the kleenex people have mistaken the help list for their
> psychologist's email address or something else is going on.  I tend to
> lean towards the something else thing.
>
> Food for thought has been literally dropping out of the sky lately.

otherwise known as manna...

96% PBKC error (Problem between keyboard and chair)
3%  Software
1%  Hardware

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
  7:05am  up 9 days,  8:45,  3 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.51, 0.41