Thus spake [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> No idea ...
> Look at Kernel issues / version / ...
> Apparently this is a huge drawback of VMW on Linux !
> It's rather sensitive to Kernel versions !

I'm going to be rather unhelpful by saying that I have an 8.2 system
that it running VMWare 3.0 with no problem. Nor did I have to do
anything facny, just installed and fired it up.

BTW, the sensivity to the kernel is overstated. There was a problem
going from 2.2 to 2.4, but there were some failry big changes in 2.4
IIRC.

I succesfully used the same verison of VMWare at work on a system that
migrated from Mdk6.0 to 6.1 to 7.1 to 7.2 all with no difficulty.
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |