This brings up a question that has bothered me, though
I have never run into the problems Oscar is seeing.  I
have always selected the XFree86 4.x version during
install - which Xfconfig file is THE file?  It seems
that some things I add to Xfconfig-4 don't take  or to
be safe, I usually add the item to BOTH xfconfig and
Xfconfig-4.

Which is THE correct file and why are there 2 Xfconfig
files, particularly if one installs either one or the
other XFree86?

--- Oscar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> El sáb, 23-03-2002 a las 18:19, civileme escribió:
> > Oscar wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >Mandrake 8.2 is a excelent distro, but I still
> have one problem.
> > >With Mandrake 8.1 I could have the XFree 4.x, but
> with 8.2 I am forced
> > >to use 3.3.6.
> > >
> > >When I select 4.2.0, I obtain a screen that
> blinks, that seems to be
> > >unstable and with that it is not possible to to
[...]