hi alan

as root, try:

#ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.1.100 up

where eth0:1 is the 'aliased' NIC and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
is the new ip. i believe aliased nics are supposed to
be compiled on the kernel to make it work ... so far,
all the mdk versions i used support it off the box.

the main config file for the NIC is on
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0... i havent
found a way to put another ip on the same card using
config files, so i put the above command on the
rc.local file to make it available upon boot up.

hth
dianne

--- Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi List,
>
>       A just start point would help me a lot.  I think
> that Linux can
> support two different IPs for the same net-card.  If
> right, can someone
> suggest me how to do it?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

> Alan Wilter S. da Silva
>  Laboratório de Física Biológica
>   Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
>    Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
>     Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?