Tim Holmes wrote:

> # grep mailbox_command /etc/postfix/main.cf
> # The mailbox_command parameter specifies the optional external
> # Unlike other Postfix configuration parameters, the mailbox_command
> #mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail
> #mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN
> # has precedence over the mailbox_command, fallback_transport and

Well well! Tim all you needed to do was to *READ* my first email on this
thread. It is not the aliases file giving you the trouble. It is your
main.cf that is incorrect. My first email to you clearly read that you
must make sure that the "mailbox_command" parameter is set up correctly,
and yours is *NOT*.

NOW, take a look at what your "mailbox_command" in main.cf is reading.
It clearly reads to deliver mail to the $DOMAIN. Does it specify a user?
No. So let us try this one more time.

Tim, change the mailbox_command to exactly this statement:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME

restart master daemon:

service postfix restart

Try this: send some mail to root using mutt or pine (or whatever you
like), and let us know what you see.

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration