Experts,

I installed 8.0 and did an package up last night, the next morning when I
checked the monitor, I noticed that a update had a security problem and gave
the message

md5sum for gpg was tampered with! possible back door on system.. words are
not exact but to this effect! Now my question,if a security package which has
been tampered with is loaded onto you system, do you  A: uninstall the rpm
and all the deps or B: re-load the whole system??

I was forced to reload the whole system because removing gpg pulls a lot of
deps and in the end I could not re-load anypackages! hence for the total
reload.  Is there an easier way to deal with this type of problem, if so
where can I go to read about it in more depth.

Sincerely,

Gavin