Vincent,

Are you using a standard LM 8.2 installation? SMC2632W Wireless card?
Do you have WEP128 enabled?

If yes to all that, sure I'd like to know how you did it :) :)

I'd like to know what you have in your config files:

   PCMCIA setup
   ------------
       /etc/pcmcia/config
          card "Intersil PRISM2 11 Mbps Wireless Adapter"
          Which module to you bind to? (default is "wvlan_cs")

   NETWORK setup
   -------------
       /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/draknet.conf
          the parameters EthxKnown=, EthxIP=, and so on for your
          ethernet interface for the wireless card

       Your ifcfg-wlan0 config with all the WIRELESS_ parameters

Any other tricks (or modified config files) you used to make it work ;)

note: I had it working (without WEP128 though) in LM 8.1 using the
"prism2_cs" module from http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/
Unfortunately with LM8.2 I cannot compile it 'cos the pcmcia stuff
is scattered all over the place in the LM 8.2 kernel.

Cheers,
Fred

On Sun, 2002-03-31 at 22:24, Vincent Danen wrote:
> On Fri Mar 29, 2002 at 10:45:32PM +0000, Frederic Soulier wrote:
>
> > Has anyone successfully setup a Wireless card + access point using LM8.2
> > on a laptop and the "wvlan_cs" module?
> > Pls I'd like to hear from you ;)
>
> Yes, using the SMC wireless card on my Toshiba satellite as we speak,
> ssh'd into my main box downstairs to read mail.
>
> What would you like to know?
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
> "lynx -source http://www.freezer-burn.org/bios/vdanen.gpg | gpg --import"
> 1024D/FE6F2AFD   88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD
>
> Current Linux kernel 2.4.18-6mdk uptime: 5 days 16 hours 5 minutes.
                         ( / \ )
                        (  O O  )
                      Frederic Soulier
        private e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]